Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Aloha, Cuz

Greetings from the Garden Isle of Kaua'i! T.A.F.K.A.Y.E.L.R.A. and family members are away for a while because there's a marriage over here.

But, I have not forgotten my main passion. Unfortunately, there's not much graffiti out here. Much of the graffiti is stickers from surf clothes companies. There are, however, some diamonds in the rough. This fella was found at Ke'e Beach.

Awesome, huh?

What else is new...?

Oh, hmmm...

Yeah. Not much news happens over on the islands. The mainland is far, far away. People are a little upset over a super ferry. My wife's Lola (great-aunt to us whiteys) is coming over on it tomorrow. Hope she makes it.

There are a lot of chickens on this island. It's pretty sweet. Except in the morning when the roosters crow. I'm craving adobo right now.

Also... we found the best shave ice place on the island. I recommend the ice cream bowl with macadamia nut ice cream, topped with vanilla and banana syrups. Ohh... and you gotta top it with condensed milk. Mmmmm.

AND! I also found out the origins of Puff the Magic Dragon. Turns out the three mountains in Hanalei Bay resemble a dragon. They're constantly surrounded by mists, hence the autumn mist reference. Swear.

That's about it. I gotta go. I'm on vacation, dammit!

****************
Pic courtesy of Ke'e Beach, Kaua'i.

No comments: