Monday, October 08, 2007

Heart Week, Day One

Heart Week kicks off... NOW!

Okay, kids! Here's the big news. As our ol' pal in Portland mentioned, Good Ol' T.A.F.K.A.Y.E.L.R.A. got himself a job. (Thanks for the congrats, btw)

That's the good news. The bad-news-that's-not-really-bad-but-pretty-good is that the job is in Southern California. In fact, it's within the confines of the city of Hollywood. No, I'm not working for a big studio. Nor am I going to walk the streets at night selling my sexual talents for money.

I will be working in the film-related industry. Which, is darn good 'cuz my Cinema degree was going to waste the last several months.

The only thing is that I'll be leaving my beloved city of San Francisco for a while. I had stated previously that things were getting a tad hairy up here. A change will do me good for a while.

Where does this leave this blog? After all, its name comes from a street in San Francisco where DDT/PDX used to live and where the first stencils were spotted. Don't fret because Los Angeles has street art as well. Plus, Mrs. T.A.F.K.A.Y.E.L.R.A. has to finish school up in SF. Looks like I'll be taking advantage of the $39 one way trips on Southwest a lot for a while.

So, you'll be seeing a lot more graffiti from SoCal here. Plus, I'm going to attempt to keep up with all of our friends up in The Paris of the West during my weekend visits. Additionally, the Portland Crew will be keeping up the good work. We'll also post pix from the places we visit and the places friends visit.

So... There you have it. The Painted Ground is establishing a Hollywood office. We promise to never name drop. More to come later in the week.

****************
Pic courtesy of SF, CA.

No comments: